Oven Baked Chicken Recipe - simple roasted chicken
An oven baked chicken using this simple roast method will create wonders for any party. This oven baked chicken is a no mess method, retains the juices. Add to it, no fuss of grinding masalas just butter salt lemon juice and herbs. That's all you need to make a finger licking roast. Chicken with skin on is my favorite version to retain a crispy skin and a juicy roast. I have an article on the how to cook the perfect chicken that you'd like to see for further read for better instructions.
Ingredients for Oven baked chicken
- Chicken 800 gms
- Cut into four pieces
- Wash it clean
- Pat dry with a kitchen towel
- Add salt two tsp lemon juice half of Gondhoraj lebu
- And rub the chicken well
- With a cling flim cover the chicken and let it marinate for two hours
- Place the marinated chicken along with its juices
- Add red chilli flakes
- Fresh black pepper powder
- Dried thyme
- If you have fresh even better
- And sage
- And 50 gms butter be generous
- Place the tray in the oven and bake at 190 c for first 15 mins
- Turn the chicken brush with butter and bake for another 8 mins
Insert a probe and it should reads 75 degrees Celsius on the thickest meat. It isn't ready, if is around 70, let it stay back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Let it sit and cool.down down. Rub some butter again on this fresh out of the oven baked chicken
You can make any fresh salad with a nice vinaigrette sauce & serve.
I used fresh tomatoes carrots lemon juice salt chilli for serving.
Note: A mild sauce can be used top it, sue the remaining juices of the oven tray onto the sauce to give it a rich flavor. A brown sauce with mushrooms is a great accompaniment. You can add some brown sugar to bring in a deep brown color to the chicken. Either ways try and enjoy this oven baked chicken recipe & let us know!